South India offers so many dishes that are famous all over India and perhaps the entire Asian sub-continent. One of the lesser known recipes is a fish pickle or meen achar. ‘Meen’ means fish in Malayalam/Tamil language and achar means pickle in Hindi. Curries are a perfect combination with any rice or rotis (flatbreads). However, pickles make everything better. It’s a side dish that we eat in a moderate quantity. Pickles are known as taste booster and add flavor to our main meals. Fish pickle is simple to make, and you can store it in a glass jar or a mason jar for at least a couple of months. The fish we have chosen is tuna fish. Health benefits According to Community and Environment group, fish is low-fat and high in quality protein. It is filled with omega-3 fatty acids and vitamins such as D and B2 (riboflavin). Fish is rich in calcium and phosphorus and a great source of minerals, such as iron, zinc, iodine, magnesium, and potassium. Pickles, when eaten in smaller quantity, can benefit your health. They contain moisture, energy, fat, protein, carbohydrates, fibers and vitamins. Pickles naturally work as antioxidants, probiotics which are the gut-friendly antibiotics and also helps in digestion. They also help in maintaining hemoglobin levels in anemic people. We find the best quality fish available by procuring it from the nearest harbor so that the fish doesn't loose the freshness before being cooked. The spices and most of the other ingredients are purchased raw and processed by us so as to avoid any adulteration in our product. Along with quality and taste of the product, we give importance to the hygiene in our establishment. This has been started so as to provide all the customers with tasty fish pickles which reminds you the taste of mothers cooking.
Shipping and Returns
- We offer tracked shipping on all orders. Tracking information will be shared as soon as the order is dispatched.
- Please check the delivery estimate before adding a product to the cart. This is displayed for every product on the website.
- Available shipping methods and charges will be displayed at the time of checkout, depending on your exact location.
- All customers are entitled to a return window of 14 days, starting from the date of delivery of the product(s).
- Customers are advised to read our return policy for details of the return process, eligibility, refunds as well as cancellations or exchanges.
- In case of any issues or concerns about Shipping or Returns, please contact us and we will be happy to help.