- Green Habit Makhanas are recommended for diabetics too due to their low glycemic index. In addition, the presence of a natural flavonoid called kaempferol (also present in coffee), helps prevent inflammation and ageing.
- Greenhabit Foxnuts are low in cholesterol, fat and sodium ,beneficial to those suffering from high blood pressure, heart diseases and obesity due to their high magnesium and low sodium content.
- An anti-ageing enzyme in these Lotus seeds is said to help repair damaged proteins.
- Roast the Makhana seeds or fry them in a little ghee wherein they pop and resemble popcorn.
- Ayurvedic beliefs suggest that fox nuts astringent properties that benefit the kidneys.