- Ratanjot is traditionally used in tribal areas of Himachal Pradesh for its therapeutic properties. The part of the herb used is the root. This herb, when used with oil, helps arrest hair fall, baldness and premature greying. Oil infused with this herb promotes hair growth.
- Ratan Jot possesses anti-inflammatory effect. This helps in proper blood circulation and reduces the feeling of headache. Alkanet root is also widely used to treat migraine.
- Add in 1/4 cup of unrefined castor oil too. Now add in 1 tbsp of fenugreek seeds and a tbsp of ratanjot root to the oil and leave it under hot sun for 2 to 3 days.
- Alkanet root is helpful to protect the skin from any infection and recover the inflammation. Alkanet root is widely used to heal burn scars since it has the natural ability of anti-inflammation and cooling to absorb the heat out of the skin. This makes alkanet root useful as sunblock and sunburn remover.
- Burns. Early research shows that using an ointment containing alkanna, beeswax, and olive oil may help burns heal faster than using a regular dressing. Wound healing. ... Skin diseases, when applied to the skin.